(C) PROMOTE THE WELL-BEING OF CHILDREN
Children will live in homes that promote their health, happiness, and success. (These measures will be developed further.)
1. First Graders in the Elyria School System who are in the custody of LCCS will be successfully promoted to Grade Two.
2. Fourth Graders in the Elyria School System who are in the custody of LCCS will pass the Fourth Grade Proficiency Test.
SYSTEM FOR ANALYSIS:
· Variable: Academic success (Ideal direction=increase).
· Operational definition: Children in the target group will succeed academically during the present school year
· First graders in the target group who are promoted to grade two
· Fourth graders in the target group who pass the fourth grade proficiency test
· Baseline: Children who succeed as a proportion of all children within the group, both First Graders and Fourth Graders
· Charting period: At the end of each grading period
· Data source: proficiency tests, report cards
· Status: A computer-generated report will be devised. (Over the three years of the plan, the target group will be expanded, based on progress with the original group.) .